Easy Breakfast Bake
This easy breakfast bake with sausage, eggs, spinach, and mushrooms is flavourful enough to live off. You'll love this healthy, paleo breakfast because it's packed with flavour, protein, fibre and enough energy to last you through the morning!
This recipe is adaptable, and you can change it to suit your taste buds. Don't fancy the mushrooms? Try adding some sweet potato, peppers or sweetcorn! The top tip for acing this recipe is to make sure not to overbake it!
- 500g breakfast sausage
- 75g sliced button mushrooms
- Olive oil, as needed
- 6 onions, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil (or 2 teaspoons dried basil)
- 300g chopped spinach
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 10 eggs
- Pork sausage is traditional but try beef sausages for a twist!
- Instead of premade breakfast sausages, you can also use sausage meat. This is easier and faster to cook off.
Preheat oven to 180oC
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble sausage. Add olive oil if necessary.
- Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Add remaining vegetables, herbs, and salt and cook about 2 minutes or until slightly softened and well combined. Pour mixture into a 9x13" pan.
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl and whisk well. Pour over sausage-vegetable mixture and bake 25-30 minutes or until a knife, inserted in the centre, comes out clean.
This bake is perfect for keeping in the fridge and enjoying the next day!
This recipe is very flexible and is perfect for finishing off fridge leftovers. Don’t be afraid to mix up the veggies or try different sausages.