Easy Breakfast Bake
This easy breakfast bake with chicken sausage, eggs, spinach, and mushrooms is flavorful enough to live off of. You'll love this healthy, paleo breakfast because it's packed with flavor, protein, fibre and enough energy to last you through the morning!
This recipe is adaptable and you can change it to suit your taste buds. Don't fancy the mushrooms? Try adding some sweet potato, peppers or sweetcorn! Top tip for acing this recipe is to make sure not to over bake it!
- 1 pound breakfast sausage (recipe below)
- 3 cups sliced button mushrooms
- Olive oil , as needed
- 6 green onions , sliced
- 3 tomatoes , seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil (or 2 teaspoons dried basil)
- 16 ounces chopped spinach
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 10 eggs
- 1 pound chicken mince
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well with your hands. Use in recipe right away or keep in an airtight container for 1 day in the fridge.
Preheat oven to 350º
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble sausage. Add olive oil if necessary.
- Add mushrooms and cook about 5 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Add remaining vegetables, herbs, and salt and cook about 2 minutes or until slightly softened and well combined. Pour mixture into a 9x13" pan.
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl and whisk well. Pour over sausage-vegetable mixture and bake 25-30 minutes or until a knife, inserted in the center, comes out clean.
This bake is perfect for keeping in the fridge and enjoying the next day!