Sage and Onion Stuffing Balls
Would a Christmas day be complete without all the trimmings? Stuffing arguably makes the dinner so this classic combination of sage, onion and sausage meat is a failsafe option to add to your Christmas dinner this year.
Knob of butter
1/2 small onion
375g-400g of sausage meat
3 large sage leaves
80g fresh breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a pan on a medium low heat and add the onion, you want to cook it for about 10 minutes until it has softened but not gone brown. Allow it to cool.
- Blitz the bread to make your fresh breadcrumbs and finely chop the sage leaves.
- Put all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and combine, it’s best to get your hands in there but if you’d prefer not to get messy you can use a spoon.
- Roll the mixture into small balls about 2.5 centimetres in diameter and put on a lined tray.
- Stick in the oven at 180 degrees and cook for 30 minutes. Serve straight away with your roast.