A delicious Nordic dish of cured salmon, we love to use Amity Fish salmon for this. It is a super classy starter that you can get prepared early in advance and serve as your starter on Christmas day or is a perfect party dish. What’s best is that it sounds fancy and potentially complicated but it really is super simple.
500g salmon fillets
1/4 tsp crushed white peppercorn
1/2 cup fresh dill
125g sea salt (ideally flaked)
125g granulated sugar
- Mix the peppercorn, dill, salt and sugar together. This will make your cure.
- Lay out a large piece of cling film and spread half of the cure across the bottom, lay the salmon fillets on top and cover with the remaining cure.
- Wrap tightly with cling film and place in the fridge. Put a heavy tray or plate on top of the fillets to apply pressure.
- Leave in the fridge for 12 hours. Take out of the fridge and flip the fillets, re-wrap with the cling film and put back in the fridge for an extra 12 hours.
- After the salmon has had all of the time to cure, take out of the fridge and rinse off the excess cure, lightly pat dry and then super finely slice the salmon.