Dark Chocolate and Orange Creme Brulee Recipe
Chocolate and orange are the absolute perfect festive flavour combination. Creme brulee is easier than it sounds to make and uses ingredients you will probably have in the cupboard. Find out how to make this decadent Christmas dessert and wow your family.
1l double cream
200g caster sugar
200g egg yolks
200g dark chocolate
1 orange zested
- Heat cream in a saucepan on a low/medium heat
- Whisk together the caster sugar and the egg yolks to combine. Add these to the pan with the heated cream and allow to cook until it starts to thicken.
- Add the zest of one orange and the chocolate until it has completely melted and all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour into individual moulds and allow to cool. These can be left in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
- When the time is right and you’re ready to serve up, sprinkle each of the moulds with a light dusting of caster sugar and then you are ready for the exciting bit… the blow torch! Blow each of the moulds lightly so the sugar starts to melt but not burn it should be gorgeous golden in appearance. Use the back of your spoon to crack the sugar and tuck in!